I think the worst part about making promises on a blog is that I can’t lie and pretend y’all misheard me and that I said I was going to post on Monday, not whatever silly day you thought I was going to… Because then you could just pull up the post before this one and call me out on being a loser.
Which I’d deserve. Because I am a loser.
But, anyway. Here’s a series of lists of excuses and things I’m into and maybe some resolutions and stuff.
1. I promised pictures of my room… But my camera that committed suicide last month (or the month before that) has not miraculously revived itself yet, so I don’t have any pictures.
2. Also, it’s a mess.
3. I could take pictures with my mom’s phone of my bathroom, since it’s nearly done, but I have to put up my Little Mermaid posters first and they’re still at Essie’s house in a box somewhere and I have to retrieve them and it’s raining and I can’t go fetch a box in the rain.
4. I decided to be studious and take a religion test that I was supposed to take a week ago last night instead of writing this post, except I was so afraid of doing poorly on it that I took an hour and a half and didn’t finish until ten o’clock because Tanith called me in the middle of it and it’s entirely her fault I swear.
5. I am very tired. I only had two cups of coffee today and they didn’t help.
6. It’s raining. That’s somehow relevant and blame-worthy.
7. The Packers won last night and I was too busy rejoicing to post. Yes.
Reasons Why October is Awesome
1. I turn 16 this month! Yikes!
2. I take the PSAT. Wait. No. That’s not good.
3. HALLOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN! *flails* I love Halloween. The one day of the entire year when it’s socially acceptable to wear a costume everywhere.
4. Chair auditions for my orchestra…? Erm…? Maybe that’s a good thing.
5. We have a dance this month! And every month! But this month especially! Yay!
6. I now live in the fun neighborhood, with Landon and Essie and Tanith! And the house is full of boxes and I have no idea which light switches do what and we have no food in the fridge. Ugh. So, basically, fun times.
7. The new Taylor Swift album is out this month! 😀
Things I’m Into This Month
1. NEWSIES. As is obvious. Kelli gave me the final shove and I’ve now got it on hold at the library! 🙂
2. I just discovered the Addams Family musical the other day… ‘One Normal Night’ is one of my favorite songs ever. “Were you folks right for the Mezzanine? Who’s to say.”
3. Rain! I don’t know if rain is something you can be “into”, but it’s been raining all week, and that’s not something that happens often here. When I get home from Algebra tutoring today, I might try and dig my rain boots out of whatever ridiculous box they’re in (I’ll never find them) and go stomp around in the puddles. Of course, the rain has a dark side: our dogs are tracking muddy footprints abso-blooming-lutely (if you get that reference, I love you) all over the kitchen.
4. Sweaters. It’s still too warm here for sweaters, but we’ve had a bit of breeze this week so I’ve been using that as an excuse to wear sweaters. I mean, come on! It’s October! Could we please stop having sweaty humid days and let the leaves fall already?
The Most Annoying Things About Moving
1. I don’t know what any of these light switches do. There are a hundred light switches in the breakfast nook I’m sitting in right now, and I know what exactly TWO of them do because my mom got so sick of flipping the wrong switch that she pulled out the label maker and labeled them.
2. My room is a mess and I don’t even have all my stuff in it. I haven’t gotten anything organized, so the entire room looks like something exploded.
3. I’m now behind in all my schoolwork. I sent in a chemistry test today that was due on Friday. *fumes*
4. Loads of things are still packed. I had to go bum a stamp and envelope off Landon and Stella to mail the aforementioned chemistry test (that hopefully I didn’t fail – this chapter was hard, I had to call in Frankie for moral support/tutoring).
5. We only have one TV and it’s in the loft, right next to my room. (I’m the only one upstairs.) Which means my dad watches TV late into the night right outside my door with the surround sound on. Because he can.
6. I wasn’t able to practice my cello all week, and now that I’ve picked it up again (chair auditions next Sunday! Agh!), my fingers are falling to pieces. Again. (By falling to pieces I mean that I get blisters on top of my calluses because my calluses are divas or something and refuse to help me out, and so those blisters break and peel and the skin on my fingertips look like they’re falling apart. Ugh. It’s gross, but whatcha gon’ do? Grin and bear it.)
I’m going to go now, get back to my schoolwork so Tanith and I can go puddle-stomping this evening (provided she finishes her school). (She won’t.) I will try my very hardest to get my room cleaned and organized so I can take some preliminary pictures and get them up tomorrow!
Thanks for reading! I love you all! Sorry about being late.
1. I have one resolution this month: to do a daily devotional. I have a little reading corner in my new room, so I’m going to try to curl up with the Bible readings for the day and a cup of coffee and my journal, and start my day off right. 🙂